Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Imagine you're shoe shopping and you're seeing what's out there!
You want: Black OR Brown shoes -- AND they must be in a size 8 -- but you do NOT want heels
How do you set up the search string to get the most accurate results?
OR give you more results
AND limits your results
NOT removes unwanted terms
- SEARCH TERMS: "internet voting" OR "online voting"
- ADVANCED SEARCH: Use it as a descriptor or subject heading for more meaningful hits.
- NARROW FURTHER IF NEEDED: AND elections or "presidential elections"
- TAKE OUT IF NEEDED: NOT Russia
- SORT by relevance or newest, whichever is pertinent.
- EVALUATE viewpoint of source by using Media Bias Fact Check website, googling name/organization or reviewing other articles in the issue.
- SAVE article with citation in APA style. Consider using Noodle Tools to save and print citations.
Access World News
National and international newspapers, useful for people famous outside of El Paso
Assignment and Citation Help
Noodle Tools (Remote Access)
Organize all your research projects in one place by saving citations and links to full text. Easily print bibliography or works cited pages including with annotations.
Citation Help and Tutorials
Examples for various citation styles, Purdue Owl citation helper, and more
Media Bias Fact Check
Most comprehensive media bias resource on the internet. Don’t be fooled by Fake News sources. Use the search feature above (Header) to check the bias of any source. Use name or URL.
Make Your Brochure
Free software. Log in with google account and choose brochure. Click element to change and use top toolbar to substitute or edit. Upload images, change font styles, search for icons on your topic, etc.