Library Cards and Loan Periods
- E.P.C.C. students need their E.P.C.C. I.D. with the current semester's sticker or a class schedule with a picture I.D.
- Community users need to fill out an application and show a current picture I.D. and proof of residence in El Paso county, such as a current Texas driver's license, utility bill, etc. Users must be age 17 or older. Only the authorized card holder may use the card.
- The Community User card expires 1 (one) year from the date of issue.
- Community users must adhere to all circulation and library policies.
- Community users can only have 2 (two) items checked out at a time.
- Priority of circulating material is given to students and faculty.
- A $1 (one) dollar fine will be charged for lost cards.
- Community User Card Application http://www.epcc.edu/Library/Documents/LibraryProtocolsandGuidelines.pdf
- Books = 3 weeks
- Audiovisual (DVD, etc.) (Limit of 2 for Community users and limit of 4 for current EPCC employees and students) = 1 week
- Kits (Audiovisual & book) (Limit of 2 for Community users and limit of 4 for current EPCC employees and students) = 1 week
Material can be renewed as long as there no hold on it. You must bring the materials with you, along with your I.D., to renew the material. If you have an overdue fine for the material, you must pay it before you will be allowed to renew.
If the material is on loan, you may place a "hold" on it by notifying the library assistants behind the circulation desk. The information you need to provide is: title, call number, campus where available.
Transfer of Materials Between E.P.C.C. Campus Libraries
Materials will be transferred between E.P.C.C. campus libraries. Simply notify a library assistant at the Circulation desk. The information you need to provide is: title, call number, campus where available. Transfers are done within 2-3 business days (Mon. - Fri.).
Charges for Late/Damaged/Lost Material
Overdue material is 25 cents/per day per item. Four days after the date due, the fine is recorded and sent to Accounts Receivable.
Students and community users who have a total fine of $1.50 or more must pay the fine before any additional material can be checked out.
- Students can use the Banner System to pay online.
- Community users must: 1) Come to the library to get an invoice. 2) Take the invoice to the college bursar (cashier) and pay it. 3). Come back to the library with the receipt so we can clear the fine.
Damaged Material: Billing will be a minimum $5 (five) up to the full cost of the book plus a $10 (ten) processing fee (if the material is too damaged to place back on the shelves).
Lost Material: The fine for lost material is its replacement cost plus a processing fee of $10 (ten) dollars.
Failure to pay overdue fines and replacement costs will result in the blocking of all registration procedures for students and in the revocation of the library card for community users. The college may turn unpaid fines and unpaid replacement costs over to a collection agency.